One of the great things about Vinyl

Is I find myself listening to recordings all the way through.

Rarely do that with CD's and/or streaming.

128x128jjbeason14

Listening to an entire album all the way through used to be essential to get a feel for what bands tried to convey. At least a whole side. I still do it with newer music even so they may be more song to song oriented. One thing I won't do is listen to bands who's songs are all 3 minutes or under, meaning nothing but radio time frame listening offers. Screw that. Give me much longer songs and I know right away it might be of some artistic value.

for DECADES in the vinyl/shellac era, i wished for an END to the SURFACE NOISE that i just couldn't "listen past" like the audiophiles say i ought. i'm not wired like that [ASD]. when digital and digital audio restoration of noisy/damaged analog FINALLY came along, i jumped in with both feet and have not looked back in over 33 years [since CD took over and home puters became able to accomplish digital audio restoration, making LPs sound less like crackly hissy rumbly LPs and more like analog tapes]. 

You didnot mention how many $$ you have in vinyl turntable, cartridge and phono stage cartridge..  I have found if you cover from your router ,Linear Power Supplies ,quality ethernet hubs ,ethernets cables ,usb cable ,Dac server 

this too all needs to be addressed with quality throughout if you want to better analog , that’s my experience, and I owned a Audio store for 10 years 

apples to apples digital has finally arrived . Reference digital $10-15k  and UP.

analog $10 k is minimum.

I particularly do that with the classic rap/hip-hop albums.  From start to finish I raise my hands in the air like I just don't care!