Incredible improvement in sound quality

Ok, I am an old fart with a stereo. But my system sounds so much better tonight. Why? I went to my doctor today, as I do every six months (one of my favorite people)… and he noticed that one ear had a lot of wax. So, he had his nurse use a warm water irrigation device to clear it. Wow.

I use some drops, and work to keep my ear canals clear. But, for some reason I was not able to clear my right ear.

So, wow. My system sounds so much better. Sometimes you just need a professional. Although technically you can buy these devices for a couple hundred on line. You need to realize you need to use it.

ghdprentice

Yeah, it's always nice when you go to get your ears cleaned. Things become more trebly. More immersive. More 3D. More dynamic range. Lyrics are more understandable. Your mother-in-law's voice becomes more abrasive.

@ghdprentice 

I was thinking about getting one of those ear cleaners I’ve seen advertised on TV, but then again, I could start shoving a QTip in one ear and out the other.😁

Jim

Tinnitus is not an ear problem! On another note, when I was much younger I worked in a dusty factory environment. (No silver spoons here) I went in for a physical and they found my ears were partially plugged so they did the warm water irrigation thing. OMG, I couldn’t believe how good that felt. Highly recommended.

Nothing like hearing in stereo again. I use my waterpik on lowest setting with the triple jet ear  fittings. Simple enough and kick the q-tips to the curb.

@falconquest 

Tinnitus is not an ear problem!

Then what is it?

I have tinnitus. I use the Rain app to help me sleep. And I get more wax build up in one ear.

Please do not buy any contraption to clean your ears - here is the best / safest way: using an eye dropper drop 10 drops of hydrogen peroxide in your ears, head turned sideways, hold for 1 minute - turn head, repeat for the other ear. Do this every day for a week (or see an ENT and have them clean it for you) and then go to 1 day a week.