Help replacing 8" woofer on Gershman Avant Garde Rx-20

In a bit of exuberance while my kids were out of the house, I went past 50% on my amp and blew out my woofer on my 10 year old Gershman Avant Garde RX-20.  

I believe it's an 8" ribbon driver?  Looking for an exact replacement or an upgrade to both.  

Any suggestions?  https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/revequip/staff10.htm

128x128lgoler

and let me add, my cone is making a classic buzzing sound so might be repair-able?  I checked back and Gershman fixed one before, many years ago.  does anyone know a reputable repair person I could possibly send my driver to?  

lastly, going past 50% shouldn't do any damage, especially as the amp wasn't clipping and is rated for these speakers.  second time this has happened.  kind of  a drag.  

Contact Gershman, they have excellent customer support. 

BTW, 50% of the preamp dial means nothing.  Depending on the source, at 50% of the volume dial you could be driving your amp to full power.

Will do and agreed, they’ve been very helpful in the past.  Not sure I agree on your assessment.  50% volume might be driving the output to 70% power, but don’t believe it’s possible that it could be 100% at 12 o’clock.  Amp should clip way before full power output.  

This failure likely reflects more on your amp than your speaker. 

You can also check your crossover. the fact that 2 drivers are misbehaving might point to the crossover, which would be much easier to find parts to rebuild.

Jerry