Opinion: Modern country is the worst musical genre of all time

I seriously can’t think of anything worse. I grew up listening to country music in the late 80s and early 90s, and a lot of that was pretty bad. But this new stuff, yikes.

Who sees some pretty boy on a stage with a badly exaggerated generic southern accent and a 600 dollar denim jacket shoehorning the words “ice cold beer” into every third line of a song and says “Ooh I like this, this music is for me!”

I would literally rather listen to anything else.Seriously, there’s nothing I can think of, at least not in my lifetime or the hundred or so years of recorded music I own, that seems worse.

bhagal

Not even close , Rap crap 💩 is the most untalented crewgojng

back in the 60s, 70s Motown was excellent and back then you had to be able to sing,songwriter and play an instrument , no gimmicks , just talent !!

OP did you hear Chris Stapleton sing the national anthem before the Super Bowl? He could be classed as "modern country".

Other than that, all I have to say is thanks (not) for divisive worthless post. Not a great start, perhaps Twitter is a better platform for you...

I think to appreciate country music, you would have to have been born in the USA. After all, it is the "country's" music. I was born in Switzerland, so yoddeling is closer to my blood even so I don't listen to any. I have lived in the USA for 47 years and I still completely dislike country, old and new,  nothing in it resonates to me.

@baylinor I like country music (I am particular about what I do like) and I’m British. Became a US citizen a year ago but I’ve been here for 23 years so I disagree with needing to be born here.

I respect that you don’t, but I’m guessing you didn’t write a post about it that basically insulted those that do.

Bhagal  you don’t know talent Period.

The late great Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins Roy Clark, John Denver, Chet Atkins           Charlie Pride, just  to name a few not including country Rock which is another total Great category. country music is all about reliving a story through music . If you want to speak ignorance  then there is audio science  forum that you would meld right into perfectly !!