Opinion: Modern country is the worst musical genre of all time

I seriously can’t think of anything worse. I grew up listening to country music in the late 80s and early 90s, and a lot of that was pretty bad. But this new stuff, yikes.

Who sees some pretty boy on a stage with a badly exaggerated generic southern accent and a 600 dollar denim jacket shoehorning the words “ice cold beer” into every third line of a song and says “Ooh I like this, this music is for me!”

I would literally rather listen to anything else.Seriously, there’s nothing I can think of, at least not in my lifetime or the hundred or so years of recorded music I own, that seems worse.

bhagal

What I would call corporate country music is pretty awful. The other side cowboy music or alt country or Americana whatever you care to call it is great.

Not even close , Rap crap 💩 is the most untalented crewgojng

back in the 60s, 70s Motown was excellent and back then you had to be able to sing,songwriter and play an instrument , no gimmicks , just talent !!

Not even close , Rap crap 💩 is the most untalented crewgojng

back in the 60s, 70s Motown was excellent and back then you had to be able to sing,songwriter and play an instrument , no gimmicks , just talent !!

OP did you hear Chris Stapleton sing the national anthem before the Super Bowl? He could be classed as "modern country".

Other than that, all I have to say is thanks (not) for divisive worthless post. Not a great start, perhaps Twitter is a better platform for you...

I think to appreciate country music, you would have to have been born in the USA. After all, it is the "country's" music. I was born in Switzerland, so yoddeling is closer to my blood even so I don't listen to any. I have lived in the USA for 47 years and I still completely dislike country, old and new,  nothing in it resonates to me.