Speaker Cable Recommendations - Under 2k

I’m looking for some advice on speaker cables.  I currently have Morrow SP7s and would like to upgrade while keeping under 2k for a 2.5m pair.  Below is a list of my equipment.  

Linn LP12 with circus upgrade and lingo power supply

Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge

Herron VTPH-2a phono preamp

ARC LS25 MKII preamp

ARC VT200 power amp

Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers

Interconnects and phono cable are also Morrow 7 series

Thanks in advance for your insights.

Ag insider logo xs@2xbstakston

Wireworld Eclipse excellent cable,value ,the speaker cable is awg-9

the conductors all Litz individual conductors 6-9s Copper ,patented opsilex dielectric and silver over Copper connectors , which too is very important 

underwood Wally -excellent deal is you buy both interconnects, and speaker cables 

puts you under  your $2k  no problem. 

@bigtwin Wrote:

@mihorn In the future, I would think it appropriate for all of your posts to begin with the clear disclosure "I HAVE A VESTED FINANCIAL INTEREST IN THE PRODUCTS I AM RECOMMENDING"  I have no problem with anyone joining forums looking for business, but I do find it disingenuous for you to be repeatedly contributing to discussions only to covertly recommend your own product.   IMHO.  

I agree!

Mike

I also have Harbeth 30.2’s - all details in my virtual system.

I recently switched almost everything to Zavfino. Build quality is top-notch. I have Nova speaker cables ($390 for a 2.5m pair) - no further interest in changing. Happy to see the Nordost Purple Flair’s gone.

The step up from mine are the Prima’s at $719.

Both OCC copper. Spending more than the $900 Morrows doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll get a better result in your system. 

I had used Cardas Golden Reference for a long time with good results, mostly with B&Ws. When I changed speakers to Joseph Audio Pulsars, the GR suddenly exhibited bass bloat and the top end sounded veiled. So, after doing some research, I got a set of Audio Envy SP12s. It’s a flat cable made from OCC. It’s been only a few weeks, but my system sounds terrific with the SP12s. In particular:

1. The top end is crystal clear, with a lot of air surrounding instruments.

2. Soundstaging is three dimensional, front to back. In particular, I can hear the resonance of the recording space. Also, the placement of musicians is obvious, and I feel as if I’m sitting somewhere around 3rd row center.

3. Bass has gravitas, yet is firm, taut, and not muddy or boomy.

4. Instruments sound like they should. Cymbals have sparkle and snare drums have snap, crackle, and pop.

5. Lots of micro-detail.

6. Very balanced across the spectrum ... no one element is emphasized or over-emphasized.

These are great cables for not a lot of dough. With a 45 day trial period, you have nothing to lose, and a lot to gain as far as system enjoyment is concerned.