Hana ML teamed with Pro-Ject 1Xpression carbon classic and Rega Aria

i have been in the process of upgrading my main system. I think my next upgrade is the phono cartridge. 

I currently have a Ortofon 2M bronze and am looking to upgrade to a quality mid priced MC. My research seems to point to the necessity of pairing tonearm, cartridge and phono preamp. I picked the Hana ML based upon Steve Hoffman ‘The Big Moving Coil Cartridge Poll - $1000 to $1300’, then reading reviews of the top cartridges on that list. Looking for a neutral, quality sounding MC cartridge. My pro-ject model has the 8.6 cc Evolution tonearm. I know I will need a new counter weight. The phono cable is Mogami 2549, 1.5’ to phono preamp, so very low capacitance. 

My equipment:

Pro-ject 1Xpression carbon classic

Ortofon 2M bronze 

Rega Aria

Marantz 7015 AVR

LSA Warp 1 amp (driving fronts)

KEF R11s

KEF R2C

IsoAccoustics Aperta center stand

Klipsch KSW 12 (left over… next to go)

Mirage nanosat rears (also left over)

Mirage unit-theater (using 2 channel for Dolby rear height)

Bluesound Node

Schiit Modi multibit 2 DAC 

Qobuz 

Transparent + speaker cables

Mogami 2549 interconnects - with a few core power mixed in 

Thoughts on upgrading my system with the Hana ML? Any other recommendations?  Thank you  

128x128signaforce

Perfect! I excited to know my problem will probably end with the cartridge replacement, and that the ML is nice!

I enjoy my Hana ML a bunch. It may not be quite as 3D as the Lyra Delos it replaced in my Alphason/SOTA Sapphire set-up but it has more convincing tone quality. Orchestral strings are simply more natural. Dynamics and punch are about the same. The cartridge tracks excellently and its shape made it easy to align. And hey, I have no qualms with spinning the 45rpm singles I've amassed over the decades.