what cd player ?

looking for suggestions for a cd player in the $1k -1300 range.

innersound300

you can't buy anything good with that money...
Steve Descartes recently made an sd card player with a transformer output - call him.

Better yet, use a mac mini + software by Mark Levinson (now Daniel Hertz's company).

A real good CD player is 5-10K

I would do the Oppo, and use a DAC !! I have a professional recording cd player with a updated TEAC transport for professional use, mated to a Schitt Gumby. And I stream out of my gamer ASUS laptop. Love the sound. And.. the Gumby is upgradeable. Most of the other DACs are not. Plus the proprietary USB is just  a smooth, warm, phenomenal sound. Gets me 98 percent of where I want to be. So, my nest purchase if the OPPO universal player next.

you can't buy anything good with that money...
Steve Descartes recently made an sd card player with a transformer output - call him.

Better yet, use a mac mini + software by Mark Levinson (now Daniel Hertz's company).

A real good CD player is 5-10K

Nonsense.

personally, i'd buy a really good universal player used, but if you want new the yamaha s100 is $799 at accessories4less and is built like a tank

Lots of good suggestions here. I would like to add that When I was looking into getting a high end Esoteric I first dipped my toe in the used market and bought an Esoteric DV 50. It’s a universal player but I was totally surprised at the detail and overall musicality of this machine. Built like the proverbial tank, very heavy and can be found used well in your price range.