what cd player ?

looking for suggestions for a cd player in the $1k -1300 range.

innersound300

Rotel CD11 player was a revleation in my system using internal dac.  It's well within your budget brand new.

you can't buy anything good with that money...
Steve Descartes recently made an sd card player with a transformer output - call him.

Better yet, use a mac mini + software by Mark Levinson (now Daniel Hertz's company).

A real good CD player is 5-10K

I would do the Oppo, and use a DAC !! I have a professional recording cd player with a updated TEAC transport for professional use, mated to a Schitt Gumby. And I stream out of my gamer ASUS laptop. Love the sound. And.. the Gumby is upgradeable. Most of the other DACs are not. Plus the proprietary USB is just  a smooth, warm, phenomenal sound. Gets me 98 percent of where I want to be. So, my nest purchase if the OPPO universal player next.

you can't buy anything good with that money...
Steve Descartes recently made an sd card player with a transformer output - call him.

Better yet, use a mac mini + software by Mark Levinson (now Daniel Hertz's company).

A real good CD player is 5-10K

Nonsense.

personally, i'd buy a really good universal player used, but if you want new the yamaha s100 is $799 at accessories4less and is built like a tank