Sound quality of new vinyl recordings.

I would like to get back to vinyl. I have not heard any new vinyl yet but I question the sound quality and I hope someone can help as I have not yet found the answer to my question. Are new vinyl recordings from original analog source or are they just copying digital onto vinyl. If there are both out there what do I look for to tell the difference before I buy

128x128randym860

"My system will expose bad recordings." 

Dont buy new records then, there are a few exceptions from companies like RTi or Mofi that still know how to press a quality record. Check out Hotstampers.com or find old original used records from estate sales, friends, family, and record conventions,used record stores,antique malls, garage sales, anything found here will blow away some fancy packaged new expensive re release.  New records sound like a blanket was thrown over my system....yuk! Artists like Nora Jones, Leon Bridges, Kandace Springs are not represented well on vinyl ...very disappointing. 

Matt M

Can’t argue that MoFi, despite scandal, know how to put out a great sounding record (DSD file used as a source).
Analog Productions and other Acoustic Sounds series releases are pure analog and sound excellent.

So there are good and bad examples. Just do your research before buying a record.

Acousticsound has plenty of good recording.Venus recording are amazing.Mofi as well. APO label are excellent.UHQR are superb but pricey.