Looking for suggestions

I'm looking to improve my system, especially speakers and streamer. My current system: 
Yamaha RXV-663 (we use 5.1 for home theater, surround cds & blurays)

Schiit Modi 3 DAC

B&W 684 series 1, bi-wired and bi-amped with Blue Jeans cables

streaming via pc

Our room is 16' wide and 13.5' deep, untreated, hardwood floor. The ceiling is 8'. Rear of speakers is 14" from front wall and speakers sit 4' apart. Seats are 10' from front of speakers. For some serious listening, we pull the speakers out toward our seats and wider apart to create a triangle. (I'm reading my way through Get Better Sound by Jim Smith.)

I'm considering these speakers:
Monitor Audio Silver 7G
Dali Oberon 5

Vandersteen Signature 2Ce III or 2Ce Signature II
Tekton Lore Reference with upgrades

Any feedback on speaker selection is appreciated.

Also would like a dedicated (or integrated) streamer to replace the pc.

I have about 5,000 albums digitized in Itunes and would like to be able to stream this music in addition to streaming Sirius, Amazon and radio stations from the internet.

I'm considering a Cambridge Audio CXN v2 as a streamer, but not sure how it would interact with Itunes, Sirius, Amazon, etc.

I could possibly stretch my budget to a

Naim Uniti Atom
Cambridge Audio Evo 150

Rotel S14

if I could find one of these used.

Again, advice on streamer selection is appreciated.

Finally, would Tidal or Quobuz enhance my streaming experience?

Thank you.

davedword

Thanks for the advice. I listen to jazz, American (whatever that is) classic country, classic rock, classical, pop, etc. Ideas on upgrade for AVR?

@davedword Wrote:

Ideas on upgrade for AVR?

Look at the Schiit Vidar2 amp with a Schiit Freya+ or Freya S preamp.

Mike

I agree on the the AVR being a really weak link.

But to further the discussion. Speakers are typically the first step in an upgrade cycle. If all components were matched and of equal quality, your speakers will make the biggest difference and set the tone and stage for your system. While your AVR may be the weak point. I would still recommend starting with speakers.

Audition as many as you can. The hardest thing early on is to be able to differentiate the source, preamp, amp, from the speakers. The only way to learn is to listen. You want to pick speakers that evoke an emotional response in you… they, sorry, speak to you. I remember searching for my first set of high end speakers. Really confusing… then a tears formed in my eyes… those are the ones I bought.

Get the very best speakers you can afford. Once you have your speakers… then start on the rest of your system. Break 9n your speakers for a couple hundred hours… listen to them, then more forward. 

@ghdprentice has a point, but it all depends on what level you’re goal is and how well you like your current speakers.  

When I purchased my Focal 836v speakers I was able to audition them on the Krell setup that was there for the Grande Utopia speakers. Upgrading my receiver was in the longer range plans, but when I hooked them up to my Onkyo receiver the sound was simply anemic and hollow.  It didn’t take long before I picked up an Integra 50.1 receiver that was sufficient to allow the speakers to sound good. 

I still have the Integra receiver, but have added a Pathos integrated for stereo and use a custom switch for them to share the speakers. 

If I were looking for a receiver I would be looking for one with pre-outs for the main channels so that a power amplifier or stereo integrated with a home theater bypass could be added in the future. I also would want it to be 4 ohm stable.  Receivers don’t all sound the same, but the user interface is also an important factor based on individual preference.