Anyone dislike Ohm Walsh speakers?

Hello,

I live in Southeast Asia in a country where there is no way to audition a pair of Ohm Walsh speakers. I'm looking to buy a pair of Ohm Walsh 2000's for music/home theater. 

I have seen rave reviews about the Ohm Walshs and like the idea of an omnidirectional speaker. But I'm hesitant since I would like this to be my "forever" pair of speakers and am paying $500 for shipping. Has anyone here heard a pair of Ohm Walshs and not liked them? Just trying to figure out my chances of making a purchase that I might regret. Thank you so much everyone!
thomaspynchon211

@bondmanp It may have been closer to two months.  I worked with them for about a month with positioning and adjusting switches but the bass was always muddy to me.  The build quality was really subpar for speakers in that price range (8-9K).

They were very helpful but the speakers and my ears and eyes just didn't gel.

It's sad to hear that after all the years that Ohm has been making speakers that they are still having problems with something as basic as applying veneer correctly. That should be a simple thing to do right. 

Interesting comments regarding the quality of veneer finish. I tried a set of Ohm 200s about 15 years ago and the cabinet quality was mediocre, but not bad.  Fast forward to more recent times and I bought a set of Ohm 1000s about 4 years ago and the veneering and finish is very good. It's not a fancy piece of wood furniture like some speakers, but certainly good. Definitely an improvement over the 200s.  And, I love the way they sound.

I think this is part of Ohms problem, quality is so variable at times, and it is frustrating! Who wants to wait even longer for something that they have already waited a long while for, only to have to send parts or the whole speaker back?

I ordered a new pair of MWT’s back around 2010, they were supposed to be “new”. I got them and it seriously looked like they were recycled cabinets, the bottom plinths of both speakers were scuffed all up like a pair that had been around awhile. The veneer was bubbling and actually coming off at the seam. And just looking at the driver cans, it looked like they had collected enough dust and grit that the inner foam lining was covered. Not to mention the cans themselves were crazy crooked/lopsided. 

I won’t even begin to go into all the issues that I had with my 2000’s or 3000’s. To me, it was a general lack of care or quality finish. Yes, they sounded good, but it was a frustrating experience, the 3000 drivers went back twice before things were right. 

I don’t mean to disparage Ohm here, as I do love the sound of the CLS/Walsh speakers, just really hate the hit or miss quality aspect, especially for what one pays for them. Sad thing is, I know that they can do decent work! I’d really love to buy a pair of 1000 Talls for a room I am looking to set a system up in, but I really don’t know if I can stomach what I might get, and the pain in the ass I’d have to go through to get it fixed. 

Cheap crossovers were previously mentioned by @ oldhyvec, I think. This seems to be a common problem. In my Magnepan 1.7s, the crossovers were cheap junk. Asi Teknology rebuilt them and moved them into an external box. Strikingly positive sonic improvement.