You know when you are dealing with a BS company....

...when you read statements like this:

"You can expect a 15% to 20% improvement in sound for each level as you move up the line. The improvements are in soundstage, resolution, realism, musical presentation, impact, etc."

Me: yeah, the humidity in my room changed from 44 to 45% yesterday, and I immidiately noticed that the realism dropped by 3.4%, yet the musical presentation actually WENT UP by 8.3%. I was able to compensate by turning the lights on in the kitchen and changed my socks. Puh, that was close.

kraftwerkturbo

Aside from the fact that this post was NOT meant to open a wire discussion (or even a discussion about the quality of the brand that puts mega BS in their ads), rather complaining about mega BS plastered in ads by supposedly serious companies selling technical products:

mastering92 as long as your 'mil spec' cables/wires give you at least 12-16% improvement in spacial divergence, you can sell them for 40% more. I still need to find a suitable cable for my small office, a cable that decreases the roominess by 18% so the sound fits into my space. I already ordered the soundstage tape measure from Morrow to also measure the width of the soundstage (may need to address that too and cant use Morrow cables since theirs' INCREASE the soundstage by 15-20% each and won't fit in my office). 

@kraftwerkturbo

How do you figure out "spacial divergence?"

How do you figure out your *quoted* percentage of a 12%-16% improvement?

And why should I sell them? They work just fine.

"I still need to find a suitable cable for my small office, a cable that decreases the roominess by 18% so the sound fits into my space."

Okay, so you want better imaging characteristics from your speakers. That means a better sense of space or locale; to recreate the environment where the recording took place.

may need to address that too and cant use Morrow cables since theirs' INCREASE the soundstage by 15-20% each

--> where are you getting these percentages/numbers??! How do you know that is correct? 

The words you are using are not even technical in theory or practice. I don’t expect any compelling answers from you...

@coralkong

Nope, I’m not Amir.

I’m not raging against anything. Simply sharing my experience.

For the record, I’ve "tried" canare,belden, amphenol, audioquest, custom-made cables (shop owners), and yes, I did listen to high-end speaker cables at audio shops (won’t name them though, out of respect). I haven’t spent my own money on audioquest or other high-end cables.

Consider if you will...

1) The wiring inside an amplifier. Do these manufacturers of audio gear call upon high-end cable companies to provide wire?

A: No, they normally use high-purity copper wire that is tin-plated, which also protects against corrosion. Sometimes they use silver solder as well.

2) The wiring inside a speaker/crossovers. Do these manufacturers of audio gear call upon high-end cable companies to provide wire?

A: No, they use their own internally sourced wires for that. Tested to meet a standard so electrical hazards do not occur when being used.

Are you suggesting that military airforces world-wide should stop using mil-spec silver cables for wiring up their jets? If so,what is wrong with the cables I’m using?

And instead use your favourite brand of speaker cables for the job?

@invalid

True that lower AWG is useful for speakers that can dip to 2 Ω or less and have a nominal impedance of 4 Ω.

It was as much a BS post as the marketing you are whining about.

You have given them more marketing awareness than any ad copy they could write.

Nice work!

@jerryg123 

well Canare, Belden, and Amphenol are all audio pro audio cable brands...so already widely used. 

as for the others, sure. I bet more folks will buy them.