Anyone dislike Ohm Walsh speakers?

Hello,

I live in Southeast Asia in a country where there is no way to audition a pair of Ohm Walsh speakers. I'm looking to buy a pair of Ohm Walsh 2000's for music/home theater. 

I have seen rave reviews about the Ohm Walshs and like the idea of an omnidirectional speaker. But I'm hesitant since I would like this to be my "forever" pair of speakers and am paying $500 for shipping. Has anyone here heard a pair of Ohm Walshs and not liked them? Just trying to figure out my chances of making a purchase that I might regret. Thank you so much everyone!
thomaspynchon211

I have new 2000s and enjoying the soundscape and imaging but this speaker is built poorly with low cost parts. Cheap plastic parts with crooked platforms and labels. The boxes they come in look like they were cobbled together with repurposed pieces of random boxes-cheap.  Laughable speaker terminals at this price range. With all that said, I kept mine and enjoy the look and sound.  Be patient as they take a year to deliver. In short, I do not consider these as "forever speakers", not even close.

I tried the 5000's for a month and returned them.  Comments from @circusdevil are spot on.  The veneer on mine were also bubbling.  I thought the bass response was really weak in my room.

Shipping them back was not cheap.

@gimmer Interesting that you returned them after one month with two months left on your trial period.  I bought mine in late 2009 and if they continued to sound like they did after one month, I would have returned them also.  The biggest changes came in the 6-12 week range. I have even heard that John Strohbeen won't take a return in less than a month for that reason.  I assume you tried adjusting the level switches before you returned them.