DAC recommendations

Okay. So, before this becomes the typical dac battle, let me explain what I have and what I’m looking for. My system consists of an Aric Audio Custom 300b PSET amp(almost always in class A set mode), Audio Note an-e/lx speakers, Cambridge cxn v2 streamer modified by ModWright tube dac and a Topping d90 dac. I can switch back and forth to get a tube sound from the ModWright or a more “accurate” depiction of the recording through the Topping. After a few months, I think I want something in the middle. The tube dac lacks a little clarity and the Topping is very critical of poor recordings. Both have their times when they sound better but I’m seeking a middle ground. 
Here’s what I’m looking for. I would like clarity, without being analytical. But most of all, I want natural sounding! I want a piano to sound like a piano etc…Lastly, I prefer a bit more bass and less bright sounding. Does this dac exist?

Ive looked at the Denafrips Terminator 2 and would prefer not to spend $6800. Does the Venus 2 fit? Bricasti m3? Other suggestions? I have some high quality components and would like a dac to match. Thanks in advance 

earthbound

The Denafrips Terminator is a great choice. I had the original with updated DSP board and it sounded wonderful. I should never have sold it and still haven’t replaced it. In the future if you have some spare cash and feel like moving up the ladder another rung you can easily add a Denafrips GAIA DDC. That will give you i2s connection to the Terminator and another noticeable gain in resolving power.

Forgive me if someone has already noted the Arcam ST60. It is far less expensive at $1650.00 but would be interested if any owners weigh in. Hans Beekhuyzen has an extensive review. I have the NAD C658 and have been considering getting the Arcam. If the YouTube link fails, just search on Hans' channel and you'll find his good reviews. 

@earthbound

merry christmas

from what i am reading in your responses, you seem pretty determined to buy a more expensive dac rather than get the right streaming service and front end delivery method

indeed there are many ways to have fun in this hobby... reading glowing reviews and then buying expensive things based on that can well be part of it, that is perfectly fine if one can afford it... but please don’t mistake that for truly improving system sound quality, especially in your case, as many folks with experience making digital streamed music sound its best have already commented

it’s wise to understand what is the real bottleneck or weak link in one’s setup and address that as the priority - you seem to have made efforts to wisely choose your gear to this point (audio notes in place of zus, for example)

+1 Gustard R26 which includes an onboard streamer.  A lot of good info on headfi about this DAC. 

You have gotten a pair of top notch speakers that was highly appraised by Stereophile especially known for its soundstage, expensive / high quality amp, state of the art streamer and a highly hyped DAC.  I do not understand why you settle down with Air Play streaming that is non-gapless, 16/44.1 limited, not smooth music playing.  Do you youself a favor, just try 1 month free Qobuz, sense the difference and then you could make a sensible decision if you wish to continue throwing money to rabbit holes.  No offense please.  Happy Xmas.