Ditching Class A Amps due to Heat - Sort of a Poll

A discussion elsewhere about the future of Class A made me wonder how true one statement really is. So the questions are...

Have you done away with your Class A Amp due to Heat concerns?

Will you be moving away from Class A Amp due to Heat concerns?

Will you never buy a Class A Amp due to Heat concerns?

I only have a class A/B unit that does Class A up to 6 watts with almost no heat so really can't speak for those who have used in the past or currently own and run Class A Amps.

brianh61

@decathlon1991 

Thanks.  I knew my uprated KRS200s are big.  But I had no idea they are planetary paragons.  Thanks for this.

What we need now is a designer that can take pure Class A down to a quarter ohm.  Guess he'll be put in jail if he can do it.

Stiff and powerful rules OK.  Just going downstairs for another wonderful dose of reality.

I have a Pass 250.8 in a 13x 23 room running Sabrina with a JLf113 V.2. It always heats the room to 70 - 72 in the winter months and to 74 in the summer- too hot despite sounding great. I run a pair of Bel Canto REF600m in the warmer months and they will probably end up being my main amps as I downsize. Inevitably the 100 pound Pass will become too heavy at some point. 

Ralph:

The Sharp sounds more than decent with 4/8 ohm speakers (the super cheap Sonic Impacts were always odd sounding and I even tried powering them with batteries).

This is coming from someone who has been using DH/SET 300B/2A3 amps (Audion/Bottlehead) for the past 20 years.

The Sharp's were a goof (purchased 5 of them on closeout for $75/each mainly for gifts, but ended up liking it).

I didn't even realize that the Sharp was Class D until recently upon looking it up.

http://www.laaudiofile.com/sdex111.html

DeKay