Dunlavy SC IV or Merlin VSM M

looking to buy a pair of used higher end speakers. Does anyone have an opinion on which one of these is better? Both are available in my local used market. Thanks for your input.
aperez1958
I'm not trying to trick you into anything, but as long as you want to continue discussing this it's ok with me.

Since you brought it up 16x23 is a little larger than average and would accommodate either speaker quite nicely. In fact there is a good chance the Dunlavys would do a better job in that room than a 2way with a 6.5" driver depending on listening habits.

I would agree you are within moderator guidelines, but recommending your speaker is inappropriate. I doubt the OP was expecting to hear from you. How is this different from advertising for free? I know you will argue it is a used speaker, but we have established upgrades are available and I happen to know upgrades can be very lucrative.

I am curious. Do you advertise on this site as a commercial user or just visit the forum?
rrog, you are making assumptions about why i helped mr. perez. my motive? i was simply trying to help him and mentioned nothing other than the room was a good fit. he chose to call and i made suggestions. perhaps he can say a few words at some point.
i love my work and i like interfacing with those who express an interest. i offer my help freely. most other manufacturers are too busy or want to remain in the background. individual choice.
as for you, we can agree on one thing, and that is to disagree!
:)
bobby
I actually made my decision based on two things- the footprint of the speaker and the fact that Merlin is still in business. Both speakers received numerous praise on forums and reviews so I knew that either one would be a huge upgrade.
I appreciate these forums and all of your willingness to give input. I do appreciate Bobby's willingness to discuss what I should expect from these 10 year old speakers. From my perspective I have never heard the newer Merlin's and don't know what I am missing. However I do know that I am very pleased with the music from these. They are beautiful to the eye and the ear. Of course I will be playing with cables to try and eek the best I can from them and someday replace my new McCormack amp with a tube - just to hear what you all are raving about- but for now - I get to finally enjoy the music.
ap, feel free to call me about cable recommendations as well. the older speakers are more sensitive to these choices. i have a range of cables from inexpensive to higher priced that would do very well for you. use a single run of speaker cable with the jumpers and rc's. the quality of the cables in and out of the bam are very important. remember to use the bam between the source and the pre.
:)
b