Dunlavy SC IV or Merlin VSM M

looking to buy a pair of used higher end speakers. Does anyone have an opinion on which one of these is better? Both are available in my local used market. Thanks for your input.
aperez1958

Showing 5 responses by aperez1958

Room size is 16 x 23 with a vaulted ceiling and one wall open.
McCormack DNA 125, Belles 22a pre. Music Hall 25.2 dac. Minimac as server. Right now I have PSB Gt-1.
Ryiken, I have them set up for HT with the matching center and they are great. For two channel, I enjoy the music more than I ever have but looking to improve and get to the next level.
Update. Pulled the trigger on the Merlin VSM M. I don't have the BAM installed yet, waiting on interconnects, and I'm pleased already. There's only one problem. The Ice blue clashes with the rest of the room. Looks like I'm going to have to redecorate.:)
I actually made my decision based on two things- the footprint of the speaker and the fact that Merlin is still in business. Both speakers received numerous praise on forums and reviews so I knew that either one would be a huge upgrade.
I appreciate these forums and all of your willingness to give input. I do appreciate Bobby's willingness to discuss what I should expect from these 10 year old speakers. From my perspective I have never heard the newer Merlin's and don't know what I am missing. However I do know that I am very pleased with the music from these. They are beautiful to the eye and the ear. Of course I will be playing with cables to try and eek the best I can from them and someday replace my new McCormack amp with a tube - just to hear what you all are raving about- but for now - I get to finally enjoy the music.