Denafrips 12 anniversary

I have heard Denafrips new 12 th anniversary Terminator+ 

it is $1000 more ,and just slightly better a bit warmer and slightly more refined in detail , then the previous + another guy in are multi state audio club the The terminator 12 anniversary and compared to the T2/ and price only $300 more  this is a far better deal the 12+ anniversary now $7500 Waay overpriced it is 98% thesame as the regular terminator2 ,12 anniversary .

you can buy the HoloSprings May KTE for under $6k 

the Terminator2-12 anniversary is by far the best bargain out there and being under $5k. A Best Buy , I would have  bought the + dac if it just went up $3-400 like it’s sibling ,a bit greedy ,and the Steve huff  review ,almost a carbon copy of the previous + dac review it’s your $$ just our viewpoint from a value ,performance perspective.

128x128audioman58

c’mon guys this is getting rather moronic

would you like an american made cellphone over a chinese or korean made one? well i am sure you do, but there aren’t any! that’s because the american high tech manufacturing industry can’t compete

chinese auto making/componentry/assembly is low on the learning curve, so of course you wouldn’t want a chinese car today, any more than you would’ve wanted a german car in 1950 or japanese car in 1970, but 40-50-60 years later, things completely change right?  it is called industrial development, industrial competence and experience

let’s get a grip...

While I agree that the price of the Denafrips 12th Anniv Terminator Plus is a little over the top, I don’t understand why people think it’s greed. Since when did greed in a free market economy become a bad thing? The right price for anything in the free market is what the customer is willing to pay based only on supply and demand.

Apparently, a lot of customers are happily paying $6.5K for the regular Terminator Plus. Not only that, customers are willing to pay top dollar for even used Denafrips units. What does that tell us about the quality and reputation of this company.

Or are we saying that only manufacturers in the western world have the right to charge exorbitant amounts for their gear (most of which is made in China anyways)? Didn’t realize only certain countries have the right to make high profits.

$6500 - $ 7500 ?   That is egregious,  especially for what it cost them to build.  It’s the definition of greed 

@jjss49  I agree with your two previous posts.  Generalization and bashing of Chinese products and MAGA individuals does nothing for the real conversation which should be is the new edition really worth the cost.  DAC's are different and varied in topology, sonics and individual listening satisfaction.  I personally have a Terminator+ that I purchased over a year ago and it is a wonderful, dynamic and detailed DAC with connection flexibility.  The build quality isn't cheap by ANY standards, and I believe I received great value and listening satisfaction.  Some listeners prefer the Delta/Sigma type DAC's while others prefer the R-2R's and no up-sampling or digital filtering.  If this same DAC was built in the U.S., it would probably cost at least 3X as much or more.  There are thousands of Denafrips DAC's out there and the noise level on they're being inferior in build, sonics or reliability quality to my knowledge just isn't there. Let's keep our discussions to comparing costs against measurable parameters or value, and not where the product is made.