Ethernet cables

I’m of the opinion given what I’ve read that Ethernet cables, along with everything else in the streaming chain, can make a significant difference in ultimate streaming performance (please those who think it’s just 1s and 0s please stay out of this).  Due to this I bought a Wireworld Starlight 8 Ethernet cable because it seems much better than generic cables but certainly far short of the higher $$$ Ethernet cables (the WW platinum would be an obvious case in point).  My question is, with the Starlight 8 how much good can I expect over lower-priced or generic Ethernet cables and how much more performance can I expect from stepping up to better Ethernet cables?  Please be specific if you’ve directly A/Bed the Starlight 8 versus better cables as that’d be very useful and helpful info.  Thanks!

soix

The description of this cable suggest that it is good at isolating from external noise (EMF), but some of the supposed best claim that they passively filter noise already mixed with signal.  Perhaps someone would like to explain the different forms of passive filtering with digital cables?

I went from various config of generic cables to Supra, then AQ Cinnamon, Starlight, finally stopped at AQ Vodka. Suppose I hear differences rather like LordMelton in that higher end cables could be sensed as more sharp, focused, I hear it as more insightful. I also placed my cable modem close to system so I could use the Vodka from modem on, don't see the sense of using lesser cable in front of top flight, the entire chain needs top flight to hear full potential of ethernet cable.

I have been very happy with Supra cable which sounds better than the freebie or cheapie Amazon cables but doesn't break the bank either.

Have not tried many Ethernet cables.

Was considering Sablon and Mad Scientist but I needed more flexible cables.

Ended up with Supra from modem, and Triode Wire Labs ‘Freedom’ from outlet to switch, and then to streamer. The Freedom is neutral and very quiet. I love it.