Best sounding CD player

I am interested in knowing what there think is the best sounding CD player . Some of my favorites are AMR cd-77, Cary 306sacd

let me know what your thoughts are including how the player sounds 

dvdgreco

I think the luxman would be ace but out of price bracket so went for project rs2 transport and matching rs2 DAC both with desperate power supply. I2S connection so reclocks to DAC too. CD quality blew my separate SACD out of the water which made no sense at all ....

Thank you for sharing your review. It is very thorough and informative.

One comment. The character of streaming service is dependent on your streamer. With the right streamer it will equal the sound quality of files read from a CD. 

Thank you again.

The DAC is 80% of the SQ......so get a Denafrips Ares2 for $800 and the Audiolab 6000CDT transport only $600 and for $1400 you’ve got the SQ of a much more expensive all in one unit.....If you want an even better value in SQ....do the Audiolab transport with the Audio Mirror Toubadour IV SE from Vlad for $3500 and now your playing with the Big Boys + 10K

@mbmi    You're not going to get $10K+ SQ with a $600 transport. Had a Cambridge CXC ,which is in the same playing field as the Audiolab , as the source for either a Mojo Audio EVO or a Modwright Elysee pretty decent sound. Switched to a SimAudio 260DT transport $2800 and a whole different level of SQ. Read the Forums on the Project &  Jay's Audio Transports - significant improvements in SQ delivered vs these lower entry transports.