Best sounding CD player

I am interested in knowing what there think is the best sounding CD player . Some of my favorites are AMR cd-77, Cary 306sacd

let me know what your thoughts are including how the player sounds 

dvdgreco

Showing 5 responses by aolmrd1241

Luxman D-10X...Think of it as a SOTA dac and top notch proprietary transport... in one outstanding superbly designed and sounding package!

Tomcarr...

I would agree with Steve. It’s the best cd playback system that I have ever owned...without any doubt. It does take some time to burn in...but once it does...holy moly it sounds wonderful !!!

tomcarr... Yes, I have used the phase invert. At times it does seem to yield some differences to the sound...maybe a wee bit better performance in the low end and sometimes a wee bit better in the mids and highs but not a really consistent thing to my ears. I would have to say mostly it’s a recording dependent condition. Since there is no remote feature for phase reversal it’s harder to get a firm grasp on it...

I was considering Esoteric also before my Luxman purchase. But the bad vibes I was reading about in concern of their customer service issues deflated that idea...