Do You Tell Others How Much You Have Invested in Your System?

Putting security and personal safety issues aside, do you share with others how much you have invested in your system?

I can see cases when we share with those who are generally interested what the "tariff" is for superb audio reproduction. Or, those who are already know how tall you have to be to ride the ride.

Can you think of any other reasons (accountants, lawyers, insurance, etc)? Afterall, when your spouses second cousin pulls in the driveway in their Minivan, bragging about fact that you have $10k invested in cables may not be the best way show common interests?

What say you?

128x128waytoomuchstuff

I tell people if they ask. I think most people are curious how much your stuff cost. Happy listening ! 

If they ask….and about cables, I might tell them what one costs, otherwise most people can’t wrap their heads round what these systems costs. Neither can I sometimes😀

For audiophiles who have the same hobby, I'll tell them what it costs as they may be interested in buying that item for their system.  For others, I'll tell them to google it, don't want to shock them.....