Best sounding CD player

I am interested in knowing what there think is the best sounding CD player . Some of my favorites are AMR cd-77, Cary 306sacd

let me know what your thoughts are including how the player sounds 

dvdgreco

tomcarr... Yes, I have used the phase invert. At times it does seem to yield some differences to the sound...maybe a wee bit better performance in the low end and sometimes a wee bit better in the mids and highs but not a really consistent thing to my ears. I would have to say mostly it’s a recording dependent condition. Since there is no remote feature for phase reversal it’s harder to get a firm grasp on it...

@aolmrd1241 Thanks for that info. I suspect it might affect soundstage more than anything. Hopefully will get to find out some day!

I’ll throw my REGA ISIS VALVE cdp/ USB DAC into the mix as a true contender and no pretender as a 55 lb heavyweight with a pair of XLR jacks as well of RCAs in the back panel with fully balanced, differential circuitry throughout.

it has its own USB input direct to its high-end DAC and a special future-proofing bonus: 

“ … Those worried about the viability of the CD format and getting your player serviced in the future, fear not. Inside the owner’s manual, there is a signature from the technician that assembled your ISIS, another tech that QC’d the electrical and mechanical systems and the tech that tested and archived not one, but two spare laser units. I think it’s safe to say that the ISIS will last longer than most of its owners and I appreciate this attention to detail, with CD transport mechanisms getting scarcer all the time…” 

https://www.tonepublications.com/review/the-rega-isis-cd-player-2/

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/rega2/1.html

p

But

Luxman "u" is the previous generation,in the 8, 6, and 5 versions.

"x" is the current generation.  Currently only the 10 and the 3.  Surprised to find the "u"'s still listed on the Luxman website.  They will be discontinued.  I gather that the intention is eventually to add a third "x" in the middle--5, 6, or 7, don't know.