DAC’s

Hello, curious on everyone’s thoughts. I’m still building my system. I came across a really good deal on a Meitner MA3 dac. It’s from an authorized dealer and they offered to sell me one NIB for 7k. I have read and read about dacs and I am getting tired. Haha. I really like the Denafrips Terminator 2, Holo and the lumin T3 being the cheapest of them all. Once I factor in a streamer I am already close or over the 7k. Also I don’t need a dac for anything other then just streaming. Thank you 

shtr74sims

Spotify is like a set of bald Mohawk raised white letter tires on your Lotus…. Hopefully that translated ok Randall ;-) Best to you ! Turntable frowned upon in the airplane…made me laugh… @holmz 

Jim

@tomic601 yeah Jim… Got it.

I might get a fishing tonearm and see if I can get past the surf for the Whiting.

~Holmz, the last of the Mohicans.

@lpretiring so after 4 days so only maybe 20+ hours I can say with total confidence the R26 is the very best under $5K DAC I've had in my system so far including the Terminator II I sold recently to fund my purchase of the Lampi.

System:

Audioquest and Transparent cabling

Melco S100 ethernet switch

Singxer SU-6 DDC

Lumin P1 using fiber optic input

Gryphon Diablo 300

B&W 804 D4s 

Midrange, soundstage and imaging are very good, indeed the midrange is as good as the Lampi except for voices. The only thing is it's a bit light on bass, but it's early days, I will post again here or you can PM me so we don't hijack this thread. FYI I am using the I2S and COAX inputs so have not yet tried the USB or Ethernet implementations, I will get around to USB eventually but have no need to use it as a streamer.

I'm very surprised frankly, although I did read some glowing reviews of it, usually I'm left underwhelmed, this DAC is truly excellent value.

@jerryg123 I see you have experience with both the Innuos Statement and Zenith. I’m currently running my Zenith Mk 3 with a PhoenixUSB Reclocker (feeding my Gryphon Diablo 300 with DAC module).  The reclocker definitely focuses and cleans things up, and vocals pop and “float” more.

I’m wondering what the step up to the Statement would be like.  Do you have any experience with the Zenith / PhoenixUSB combo as compared to a Statement on its own?