DAC’s

Hello, curious on everyone’s thoughts. I’m still building my system. I came across a really good deal on a Meitner MA3 dac. It’s from an authorized dealer and they offered to sell me one NIB for 7k. I have read and read about dacs and I am getting tired. Haha. I really like the Denafrips Terminator 2, Holo and the lumin T3 being the cheapest of them all. Once I factor in a streamer I am already close or over the 7k. Also I don’t need a dac for anything other then just streaming. Thank you 

shtr74sims

Showing 8 responses by tomic601

Spotify is like a set of bald Mohawk raised white letter tires on your Lotus…. Hopefully that translated ok Randall ;-) Best to you ! Turntable frowned upon in the airplane…made me laugh… @holmz 

Jim

it wasn’t lockdown for me but i can relate to forcing functions… when i retired 6 years ago i set out to explore analog vs. digital in some depth.. i invested in recording chain tools and support a local studio / engineer / recording artist on an investment / patronage basis. importantly i built my own mobile recording rack with both an excellent A2D and high speed tape. I drew my own conclusions from microphone selection, placement, configuration, cables, preamps, mixer(s), I didn’t buy a record lathe…. perhaps we can agree that except for a D2D, that format sourced from a tape..is lossy ?
Fun experiment….learning… still ongoing…..bottom line: each has virtues and limitations. What i find sad is a closed mind and ears that finds happiness in a single format….

now back to getting those Royer ribbons just so….

and to stay on the OP original?…. of course an MA3 is fantastic 

@larsman blessed you are my friend ;-) enjoy in great health. i am blessed to be listening to Oscar Peterson this morning on a very enjoyable integrated streamer / DAC from NAIM….

best to all

A Nyquist is a formidable DAC and the MK2 is really special but I don’t think it runs ROON core… 

Also a big fan of the best Lampizator you can get in combination w a streamer… just my $.02

@jjss49 has a lot of wisdom in both posts….. no need to respond to a troll. I found the MSB analog w power base the near equal of my Aesthetix Pandora ….. Nits at this musical level….

Best to all in music