What is the forums opinion of SVS subs?

What is the forums opinion of SVS?

I have been thinking about adding a sub and started studying Rel. Then I saw an add for SVS and l gave them a look.

I have seen time and again this forums praise of Rel. So then when I was looking at Rel's specs compared to SVS, It APPEARS at on paper that SVS digs deeper at -3 db than Rel at -6 db, at a lower cost. But how do the two compare in their sound?

Thanks

marshinski15

@marshinski15

I have one SVS 2000Pro in my system and it does everything I want. I have it in the back of my room, because I didn’t have a good place to put it in the front. I’m also using their Soundpath wireless setup, so no long RCA and it works very good as well. But I have to tell you, the app is where it’s at! From my listening position I was able to dial the 2000 Pro in, easy Peasy!

All the best.

@lemonhaze I have limited space and that model is pretty compact so when two were available for $400 total I couldn't pass it up. I was under the impression matching subs was preferred so good to know that's not always the case as good deals on that model are hard to find.

Have two separate systems. Rock and Roll only. Smaller system, SVS SB 3000, and larger system SB 4000. Great price, warranty, and SOUND!  Blue tooth for dialing in,  GREAT!!!!

I think REL's high level connection technology is just incredible.  This allows them to play more like woofers and they seamlessly extend the bass if set up properly.  I added two REL SHO's to my system and it was a game changer.  I would recommend two large REL's to create a great sound stage.

My friend had an SVS subwoofer and it sounded very boomy.  Great for a teenager who loves to hear a pounding bass sound.  REL's play different styles of music incredibly well.  

Compared with my old AR SW30, the bass notes from SVS SB1000 are more well-defined, faster and smooth.  A good value proposition at the discounted price.  It has a built-in HPF fixed at 80hz, allowing one to better integrate itself into the bookshelf system I had.