Who is Gonna Buy A New Jeep Grand Wagoneer For the MacIntosh Stereo?

Not I, Just wondering.

128x128thepigdog

So, the same folks who buy Skullcandy earbuds and use Alexa for home music are going to jump to Jeep's marketing Macintosh?  They haven't a clue, (not that the marketers don't know that it won't stop some from buying anyway..."oooh, the blue light thingy").  But those who truly know the brand are all here on Audiogon and know better than to fall for supposed audiophile sound in a toy tank.  For a moment I thought, "Um, maybe this will stoke interest in quality music systems for home." When Jeeps fly. 

...are they Real Blue Meters, or just digital versions on the dash screen?

Saw a brief glance of them in a Jeep commercial...first thought was 'another one bites the big one, another slide into mediocrity...' and y'all would (and did) start a post party...

'Tosh in a Jeep.  Surprised a crowd hasn't gathered with torches and pitchforks yet at the factory...but heresy plays well of late...;)

Remember that the first brand to purchase McIntosh from the original owner was Clarion.

The Jeep thing is probably the result of UAW demands that their mechanics be enabled to listen to music while they work. That means they have to be able to operate computer systems some have not seen, etc., etc. So Mac was the low bidder to do this marketing campaign. The Jeeps, which in my experience, are often called into the shop like Muslims to Mecca, will no doubt offer their Mac network up for sacrifice to the highest volume.😏

Everyone reading this will fully appreciate the undercarriage of this type of deal that involves all the advertising, marketing, media and others who have recently traded-out part of their professional services (or whatever) for a brand new Mac amp and the ability to add to it at accommodation prices. How many Mac components will go into the homes and offices of Chrysler/Jeep executives and families and those of others associated with the deal? Influencers? Bunches.

Wow! We just went to a this new Jeep campaign and our unit sales on integrated amps went up like a skyrocket!

Actually, here's a "good job" buddy to the manufacturers who have pioneered this kind of idea. Unless the gear put into the cars turns out to be crap.