Has anyone compared the Coda CSib to a Jeff Rowland Continuum S2?

I's be interested to hear your impressions, if you have.

Thanks!

whipsaw

@jjss49 

I'm still happy with the CL, but my favorite previous integrated was a first gen. Rowland Concentra, and I have always wondered about how his current models sound. 

As for the comparison in the thread title, I have seen the high praise of the Coda, and they are priced similarly on the used market. I am not a fan of the Coda aesthetics, though.

I owned the Coda 07x preamp and #8 amplifier. I honestly just did not like the 07X at all. I was patient and tried to hear something special, but in the end it sounded rather small and flat in my system. I know others love it. Just not my experience.

The #8 amplifier was very good, but just didn’t do it for me. It has a clean and powerful SS sound. After a couple of months I found it did not satisfy my musical cravings. Very dynamic, clean, extended lows and highs covering all the Aphile descriptions very well. In the end I found it lacked the human touch and natural tone I wanted. Just not engaging enough for my tastes. It certainly demonstrated some sonically impressive feats of strength, however I was looking for something that would connect me more to the music. Something more appealing to the heart vs head if you will.

While I have not heard their integrated I am confident it’s sound would be cut from the same sonic cloth as these separates. Wether the Coda sound satisfies you will depend on what you are looking for sonically in your system.

Well built gear that will appeal to many for sure. Dead quiet in operation and a reputation of good customer service. 

@Grannyring My experiences exactly from decades ago.

FYI I have settled on Luxman as the best integrated. If I had separates I’d consider Coda or Sanders amps for hard to drive speakers, and stick with a Luxman pre or some sweet juicy tube pre.

@whipsaw

i share your sentiments about coda’s looks

obviously coda folks are off the same family tree as nelson pass from the threshold days, i too have often wondered how the amps compare, but have never pulled the trigger to try one

with my various pass and fw amps (int150 xa25 xa30.5 f5 f6), from the solid state side, imo it is hard to want for anything more in terms sonics, attentiveness to customers and build quality

there are indeed avid coda supporters out there, some quite vocal...

I love my Coda 07x and #8 combo. It ticks all of the boxes in my system setup. I’ve owned other amp and preamp combos that could not compare sonically. As far as the so called emotional level of satisfaction...I feel that is based on the perception of what the listener feels works best for him or her in a relative way to a preconceived notion that one expects within a certain audio mindset.

I know it works that way for me... For example...there have been times when the car radio or a transistor radio have brought literal tears to my eyes because of a emotional response on my part to the music playing. Far from high end standards... but still a legitimate emotional response none the less.

The Coda stuff just plain does it for me.Of course the rest of the system has to tick one’s box also...as in everything working together in a synergistic kind of way...In all things audio...imho...personal preference is the key to audio nirvana!