Has anyone compared the Coda CSib to a Jeff Rowland Continuum S2?

I's be interested to hear your impressions, if you have.

Thanks!

whipsaw

@Grannyring My experiences exactly from decades ago.

FYI I have settled on Luxman as the best integrated. If I had separates I’d consider Coda or Sanders amps for hard to drive speakers, and stick with a Luxman pre or some sweet juicy tube pre.

@whipsaw

i share your sentiments about coda’s looks

obviously coda folks are off the same family tree as nelson pass from the threshold days, i too have often wondered how the amps compare, but have never pulled the trigger to try one

with my various pass and fw amps (int150 xa25 xa30.5 f5 f6), from the solid state side, imo it is hard to want for anything more in terms sonics, attentiveness to customers and build quality

there are indeed avid coda supporters out there, some quite vocal...

I love my Coda 07x and #8 combo. It ticks all of the boxes in my system setup. I’ve owned other amp and preamp combos that could not compare sonically. As far as the so called emotional level of satisfaction...I feel that is based on the perception of what the listener feels works best for him or her in a relative way to a preconceived notion that one expects within a certain audio mindset.

I know it works that way for me... For example...there have been times when the car radio or a transistor radio have brought literal tears to my eyes because of a emotional response on my part to the music playing. Far from high end standards... but still a legitimate emotional response none the less.

The Coda stuff just plain does it for me.Of course the rest of the system has to tick one’s box also...as in everything working together in a synergistic kind of way...In all things audio...imho...personal preference is the key to audio nirvana!

All things in audio are subjective. This is one thing that is always true! No, for me I am not brought to tears by music listening to a transitor radio. At least not to date 🙂.

For me, I need a system that truly excels in realism. The cool thing is even “realism” is subjective as I suppose differing realism cues are important to many of us. Enjoy your Coda gear and I will continue to enjoy my Circle Labs A200. Many great choices for our subjective likes and desires.