Bluesound node + INNUOS PHOENIX USB? 

I have a Michi X3 with a Bluesound 2i and have been looking at a streamer update for a while.  In the narrow selection are : 

Auralic Aries g2.1 or 
Innuos Pulse (no remote control, not yet available?) 

From the features I'm excited about Bluesound, do I get the same quality as the above products with a new Bluesound + a USB Reclocker? 

Glad to hear your opinion, thanks. 
Thomas 

tfeldhaus

Seems like putting a $3K+ reclocker on a $300 streamer is a mismatch.

I would spend my money this way (I did):  Spend $3k+ on a quality streamer (I have the Innuou zenith Mk3) and use an audiophile switch to control clocking (I have the EtherRegen).  Of course if you want to go with both, the zenith plus the Phoenix would be a great $8k combo.

You're wasting resources pouring them into a "reclocker."

Unless you can:t get enough trophies.

I did the; optimized PC based streamer - Roon Nucleus - Aurender A10. and to be honest there's not much of a difference over all in sound quality if it was my money find a streamer you like the OS for and upgrade your DAC first. 

The Roon nucleus was a disappointment IMO sound quality was worse than my optimized PC based streamer (way overpriced considering you still need to buy the sub). The A10 streamer is nice if not harder to use then others, the DAC in it is ok. Not the upgrade i'd expect for $6k though and i would not do it again if i knew the sound quality would not improve significantly over my PC based streamer. 

Upgrade your DAC first then try a new streamer and see what you think. I found the DAC upgrade to be far more significant than the streamer which I found slight at best and unless you're looking for looks a waste of money. 

I went from a Bluesound to an Auralic Aries G1 and have been very happy with the sound quality upgrade.  

Glennewdick said a mouthful. Find a OS you like and upgrade the DAC. I have the Gustard X26 PRO. You can see details in my system. Love bluos for my android phone used as a remote and upgraded the NODE from there. No expensive reclocker, just added a LPS and optical isolation for ethernet, plus decent power cables. Willing to bet It would give a good run for the money for streaming systems costing more than 3 times as much.