Roger Waters Live Last Night in Glendale,AZ

My first concert in a while. Last was Sia. 

Roger has a message for his audience

that comes with the music. Somewhat off-putting

I must say. I went for music not politics. Not saying

I totally disagree with his. F-bombs galore. All our presidents

past and current are mass murderers. Could be a bit strong.

He is 79 and British.  Has some fun stories. I can live without

the other messages though. Is this messaging common nowadays?

128x128jeffseight

Linda Ronstadt gave a political rant while doing a show in Pahrump, Nevada. Only problem was she was in a military town. You have to know your audience. They trashed the theater, and she was banned from the place. 

I give artists a lot of slack with their ramblings during concerts, but I have my limits. I will walk out if a performer starts bashing my country in a non-stop rant.  

We did leave after an hour. Too loud for my old ears.

And we were a long ways up!

I'm a fan of Roger and his music, and I'm 100% in favor of him or any other artist saying whatever they want on stage, politically or otherwise.

While I've usually agreed with him on most things in the past, his more recent opinions have been real head-scratchers for me that I just do not understand. 

I missed him this time around, but I've missed everybody since 2020; haven't been going to gigs....

When U2's first album came out I bought it, loved it.Later they started their political we're right correct attitude. And even went as far as telling president Bush what to do at the oval office about the Ethiopia starvation famine. And telling BB King how to play "when love comes to town."Although i agree with they're politics They eventually fell out of favor with me so I stopped listening. I have my own ideas can think for myself examine other ideas and views for myself, I studied though not to a degree, philosophy.. I can remember a time when you listened to a band for the sheer joy of enjoyment of their music and lyrics, Not for what they believe in. And I won't spend that money on forced lesson. What happened to the fun?