ETHERNET CABLES

When using ethernet for hooking up streaming devices and dacs, what cat level of  ethernet cable should be used. Is there any sonic improvement by going to a  higher dollar cat 7 or 8 cable?

128x128samgar2

@fredrik222 ,

You can' offend me in the least despite your bravado so it wasn't me that got your post deleted. You try you best to look down your nose at me but it won't work as I don't consider you a peer but more of a nuisance.

Cables make a difference and unless you're willing to try it for yourself and not rely on motivated reasoning, you'll never really know.

All the best,
Nonoise

@soix 

Mostly what I am doing is sharing the technical details of what occurs inside Ethernet receiver.  There were some earlier posts that were providing technically incorrect information regarding Ethernet receivers and the signal.  I have always loved technology and discussing it with others.  I am not blinding walling off any suggestion of trying a cable.  Sure people can try.  If they perceive a difference then they should keep the cable.   I don't know if the sound improvement is due to improved sound waves or their perception and IMO maybe it doesn't matter as long as they perceive an improvement.  As you mentioned with CD's, there may be technical aspects we don't understand that could affect sound quality.  If there are, I can not identify them.  As I mentioned above, at the heart of this hobby is the enjoyment so if someone enjoys an expensive cable then they should buy it.  It never hurts to better understand the technology that makes our systems work and be a more informed buyer.  

@12many Thanks for being so cordial and accepting of another opinion. If only all differing opinions could be this way. Listen, how about you and I do something of a challenge? I’m gonna buy a generic Ethernet cable and compare it to my Wireworld Starlight 8. How about you do a trial for, let’s say, any $200+ Ethernet cable (Wireworld Starlight 8 would be optimal, heh heh) that you can either audition or return for free and let’s compare notes. Sound cool? All I ask is let’s both be totally open, honest, and objective to what we hear (and yeah, I know it’s one sample and a ton of variables so it ain’t exactly scientific — I get it). But @12many you seem like at least open to it and have at least a somewhat open mind, so I think it’s be super interesting to do this and compare notes. What do you say? Could be fun and interesting, no? We could even swap cables cause they’re so damn cheap to ship and compare notes on similar cables. Personally, I’d love to hear the honest opinions of two guys who come at this from two different perspectives. Nothing could be more valuable to me as a discerning audiophile cause when both sides agree I think we have something. Anyway, just a wacky idea that might be fun here. Or not. Lemme know what u think.