Most economical way to ship large speakers?

Good day folks,

I'm trying to figure out the most reliable and economical way to ship 2 large speakers w/i the lower 48 states. What's your favorite beside the big two UPS & FedEX?

USPS is out of the question and delivery speed is not important, as long as they get there in good shape. 

Thanks & regards,

CD

cdd

I work in the shipping industry as a truck driver. I assure you that you will find some shipping options cheaper than others.  I can also assure you that the cheapest ones are most likely to destroy your freight. They will probably even give you a hard time when you file a damage claim. I would talk to some freight brokers at length, discussing not just shipping cost, but also insurance, willingness to honor a damage claim, reputation etc.  I myself will not offer my opinions on who to use. That would make too many people in my field unhappy. You want absolutely guaranteed damage free delivery? Rent a trailer or a small truck.

Pick up only , if in New England or big city by far the best way to go 

prices are out of hand in both ups may be a little cheaper 

you did not say ,stand mount ,or floor stand ,and size, weight ,weight is where it gets costly 80 lb each speakers , can go vary greatly 

if you are on the east coast ,how far ? East to west coast $600

if on a pallet a trucking company  where speaker is going, size and weight .

When I bought my JBL L300 from the east coast the seller used Forward Freight.

They were pallatized and I had to pay more to get them delivered from LAX.

Appreciate to all for taking time to respond to my inquiry, they surely are very valuable for any future shipment. For this time I decided to go w/ UPS. After numerous times doing business w/ them, my first claim happened last year which took over 2 months for them to pay my claim. Funny is how quickly businesses take our money but when come to their mistakes the make us jump through hoops.

Again thanks and best regards,

CD