Most economical way to ship large speakers?

Good day folks,

I'm trying to figure out the most reliable and economical way to ship 2 large speakers w/i the lower 48 states. What's your favorite beside the big two UPS & FedEX?

USPS is out of the question and delivery speed is not important, as long as they get there in good shape. 

Thanks & regards,

CD

cdd

I used Uship to deliver my Vandy 3a sigs. It was easy to set up and the delivery went smoothly.

Bob

Agree with above advice, try UShip. I had an awkward pair of Dahlquist DQ-10s brought from Chicago to Tulsa for half what others were charging. 

I work in the shipping industry as a truck driver. I assure you that you will find some shipping options cheaper than others.  I can also assure you that the cheapest ones are most likely to destroy your freight. They will probably even give you a hard time when you file a damage claim. I would talk to some freight brokers at length, discussing not just shipping cost, but also insurance, willingness to honor a damage claim, reputation etc.  I myself will not offer my opinions on who to use. That would make too many people in my field unhappy. You want absolutely guaranteed damage free delivery? Rent a trailer or a small truck.

Pick up only , if in New England or big city by far the best way to go 

prices are out of hand in both ups may be a little cheaper 

you did not say ,stand mount ,or floor stand ,and size, weight ,weight is where it gets costly 80 lb each speakers , can go vary greatly 

if you are on the east coast ,how far ? East to west coast $600

if on a pallet a trucking company  where speaker is going, size and weight .