Which ones should I choose? Tannoy Kensington Gr or B&W 804 D4

Dear Bro,

I'm in a dilemma about which speakers I should take, Tannoy Kensington Gr or B&W 804 D4? I dont have chance to audition those brands at the same dealer so plz give some advices. I'm going to pair speakers with MC 8900. My room is about 19 sqm (3.5m x 5.5m).

One more thing, are Turnberry Gr Speakers much difference from Kensington Gr.

Thank you very much

Steve

stevevn

agree with the idea that the mcintosh amplifier has excellent synergy with the B&W 

speakers.  

i really enjoyed hearing this combination.  the smooth deep sound of the mac amp brought deep full range bass the b & w are capable of.  also the resolution of the diamond tweeters was spell binding, vocals sounded phenomenal.  there is a reason these speskers have a high resale value and they do! 

i have heard the tannoy many times and they can sound very good but never great.  

the midrange was never best in class transparent, the treble could be slightly edgy and the styling looks good if you like that out of date look, horrible if you do not.  

@avanti1960 

There is no question that both of these venerable brands have their loyal and happy supporters. Otherwise how could both have successfully survived for decades? Certainly posters responding on this thread have leaned heavily toward Tannoy. This doesn’t make your minority position wrong. We like, what we like. 😊

Charles 

@avanti1960 Tony a lot of us old fuddy duddies love the old school look of Tannoy just fine or love it actually. 😎And not to cast aspersions on B&W but a robot mated with a waste basket does come to mind. 🤣 All kidding aside two great speaker companies with plenty to offer for different listeners.