Personality Type?

I was musing lately after my last perusal of the forum postings....Got me wondering about personality types on here and if there is a common thread. I, myself, am an INTP and I seem to see some parallels with the members of this forum. I am an Engineer and a musician that plays drums. As an Engineer I was quite aware that although collaboration could be fruitful, I was aware that pursuing an idea alone was fruitful as well. I also think that because of my personality, I am fine with being more in the background playing the drums. So then, I am just a bit curious if the members of this forum are more alike than different than the general population?

steveindy

OMG!  Kenjit surfaced!

"Thar he blows!  To the cannons!" *L*

Sorry I missed it, some things just 'come 'n go' too quick..;)

Job: Industrial designer

Other hobby: Drummer (Sonor Delite: 3 up, 2 down)

Favorite Drummer: Steve Smith

BTW, 

Bonham copied and was influenced by a lot of drummers. That is why and how he became great.  The best drummer rankings are never to be taken seriously...no one cares what their fans think...what do we know anyway?

But I think the names that keep coming up by their drumming PEERS are for those who were/are truly fearless: Gadd, Elvin, Roach, Buddy, Bonham, Colaiuta etc...

Apologies for side tracking on the drummers stuff...

Ranking (or even just judging) of drummers is often done using the yardstick of technical ability, especially but not limited to by drummers themselves. But you’ll notice songwriters, singers, and players of instruments other than drums sometimes use a different metric, that of musicality. Hard to define, easy to hear.

For instance, Ry Cooder would arrange his recordings around the availability of Jim Keltner (a drummer also favoured by Randy Newman and Bill Frisell). Lots of singers made the trip to Muscle Shoals specifically to record with Fame Studios house band Thw Swampers, whose drummer Roger Hawkins is a living legend (Keltner in a Modern Drummer interview stated he wished he played more like Roger). For a taste of Hawkins' drumming, listen to "Loan Me A Dime" by Boz Scaggs.(guitar by Duane Allman), and all the Jerry Wexler-produced Aretha Franklin albums on Atlantic Records.

One guitar virtuoso who didn’t like drummers who played "flashy" was the late, great Danny Gatton.

Gatton to his new drummer on the break after the first set of the drummer’s debut gig with Danny: "Hey, ya know all that fancy stuff you play?"

The drummer: "Yeah."

Gatton: "Don’t."