DAC suggestions

I know I shouldn't have. I have an inexpensive PS Audio dac I upgraded after seeing it on the web. It sounds good but I'm looking for better. I would like to get away from some of the brashness, shimmer, sizzle whatever. In the past I have owned several different dacs including Antelope, AMR and an integral dac in Mac 2500 pre. Can you make a suggestion? My budget is around 2 grand used.

I'm curious about lampizator. Aqua voce, T+A. I know there are a million. My system consists of Bat 75se amp and currently but soon to change a Cary 98 slp pre and Von Schweikert VR4 jr speakers.  thanks

dpm2340

I just upgraded to Holo May DAC KTE. It is very Musical, dynamic and transparent. PS Audio is about to release a new DAC. The designer has posted circuit by circuit details on their forum. I think that it will be around 8K and they take trade ins...as you know.

I just picked up an Aqua LaScalla and it sounds very nice. Open, transparent, very accurate, excellent soundstage, and very detailed. Also look at the Bricasti M3 another nice DAC. 

In your price range Schiit Yggdrasil. For the money an outstanding deal. Recently got a Gungnir as research and bought a Yggdrasil for a friend. 

@dpm2340 The T+A DAC 8 is very much a bargain at your $2K budget and luckily there are two on the marketplace in that range, which is rare. I’ve personally done business, with Leonard, who is selling his unit on USAM. I can at least vouch that he is legit and will result in a seamless transaction.

T+A DAC 8 is both soulful and dynamic. All three brands you mention are in that category, but Lampi in those price ranges will not compare to the T+A and Aqua. The T+A may have a bit more bloom and separation than any Aqua units you can get in the $2K range. 

FWIW I am a T+A dealer but the DAC 8 was discontinued before I became a dealer for them. I am just speaking from experience also having owned a DirectStream and Lampi Baltic 3, among about a dozen other DACs.