DAC suggestions

I know I shouldn't have. I have an inexpensive PS Audio dac I upgraded after seeing it on the web. It sounds good but I'm looking for better. I would like to get away from some of the brashness, shimmer, sizzle whatever. In the past I have owned several different dacs including Antelope, AMR and an integral dac in Mac 2500 pre. Can you make a suggestion? My budget is around 2 grand used.

I'm curious about lampizator. Aqua voce, T+A. I know there are a million. My system consists of Bat 75se amp and currently but soon to change a Cary 98 slp pre and Von Schweikert VR4 jr speakers.  thanks

dpm2340

I upgraded from the MHDT Orchid to a used PS Audio DirectStream which was a litter over $2K used.  2K is the trade in value at PSAudio so it's a baseline to work from.

Neither of these DACs have the typical "brashness, shimmer, sizzle whatever" I've heard with some of the other DACs I've listened to..

You didn't mention your source.  I just updated my streamer and It made as much of a difference as changing DACs.  Both upgrades were upgrades.

MHDT is selling the Mhdt Audio Orchid 69SE TDA1541A-S2 version of the Orchid that uses the 6922 tube on ebay and has been updated to the 1541-a S2 chip which should sound pretty sweet.

I just upgraded to Holo May DAC KTE. It is very Musical, dynamic and transparent. PS Audio is about to release a new DAC. The designer has posted circuit by circuit details on their forum. I think that it will be around 8K and they take trade ins...as you know.

I just picked up an Aqua LaScalla and it sounds very nice. Open, transparent, very accurate, excellent soundstage, and very detailed. Also look at the Bricasti M3 another nice DAC. 

In your price range Schiit Yggdrasil. For the money an outstanding deal. Recently got a Gungnir as research and bought a Yggdrasil for a friend.