Audio Rack Opinions

After a fair amount of research, I have landed on 3 candidates for upgrading my audio rack:

1. Symposium Acoustics Foundation Ultra 
  2. Core Audio Plykraft 4L
  3. Butcher Block Audio Rigid Rack with 4 shelves 

This will be used with the following system:

Palmer 2.5i Turntable

• LFD NCSE Mk3 amplifier
  • Sutherland Little Loco phono stage
  • Oppo UDP 203 CD player
  • Palmer turntable power supply
  • This sits on hardwood floors to the left of my Harbeth speakers which are Tontrager stands

I am not in the market for a $10k plus rack, but would love to hear opinions on the above racks or any other suggestions  

Thanks in advance  

128x128thr1961

Arnold with Core Audio is great to deal with. He can even build you custom pieces as requested. I still have one of his original Core Audio MOD3 racks in Black Walnut. It is a great little rack. I had three of the MOD3 racks, but over the years I simplified and condensed my setup so now I'm down to one. I can highly recommend Core Audio racks. I have never owned the other brands racks so cannot comment on them.

+1 lalitk & kgturner, I totally agree.

My second choice would be the Butcher Block Audio Rigid Rack with 4 shelves, I would opt for 3" thick shelves.

can't help you with rack choice

My beautiful rack had legs that were recessed from the front and back a bit.

Thus weight was in front of a fulcrum point, and weight behind a fulcrum point. I made new strong and strongly attached end supports that extended behind and in front a few inches. Made a big difference.

It's a beauty, rubber isolators for two glass shelves and glass top.

Because my floor is so springy, I needed one more solution to get a step away from the TT after I dropped the needle in the run-in groove.

wrapped them in black tape, did the trick.