Aurender N200

Hi

I was hoping to get feedback on the Aurender N200.   I have a Bluesound Vault 2i that honestly has been great but I am looking for a significant bump up in sound. Will be using with a LAB 12 DAC which accepts USB class 2 output and has coax also.  I really like this DAC , although I do have the opportunity to trade up within a year so that's to be seen if I do that.  I find myself mostly streaming and want a great sounding stand alone streamer that won't be outclassed if I upgrade the DAC.   Any opinions of this unit would be appreciated 

Thanks 

128x128oddiofyl

I have been waiting for streamers to mature and really be a high quality source for a while….  I figured how much longer am I going to wait?  My system has has a major renovation and it’s worthy of a great source .

All of these devices have their pros and cons   I like the two box approach and hope this will be a great front end    

@blisshifi I’m just going on what you told me in your private message. Remember, I complimented you on your post and I was looking at Aurender until I got all the information from you. With that it looks like since Aurender doesn’t make just a transport it doesn’t fit my needs. So let’s get that cleared up too. 

@lalitk i have never heard of other files “contaminating” other files as you say, so let’s clear that up as well. Thank you both for your input. 

@dinov I was just ensuring the right information is offered to the public and also trying to be lighthearted and humorous about the situation. I 100% agree that if you are not using the built-in storage of the Aurender, you would not be using it for everything it is capable of, so it might be better to invest in a streamer-only solution. So know I’m not trying to continue to push it on you.

I do very much appreciate your support and I’m not trying to pick a fight with you. You deserve to find the solution that works best for you, and I’m sure you will find it! Thanks for your continued support.

@oddiofyl 

Congratulations on acquiring the new Aurender N200. I am certain that it will be a wonderful sonic addition to your terrific system. Your Toolshed SET is going to be amplifying a high quality digital signal path.😊

Charles

“Your Toolshed SET is going to be amplifying a high quality digital signal path.”

@charles1dad 

Great point! Having high quality downstream components is just as important as upstream source. My Accuphase Integrated E-650 is godsend for my digital front end.