OK...here's another tweak that really works

I recently recabled my reference 2 channel system. The upgrade in sound broke new ground in what I thought was possible with existing components. I had not, however, heard of the Matthew Bond Audio Cascade Noise Burn-In Disc - V. 2.0 until it was referenced in one of the fairly recent Forum Posts.  More out of curiosity and the fact that I have had some very positive results with other assorted/sundry tweaks, I decided to give it a try. I have played the disc only a couple of times and  am amazed at hearing a very real improvement in all aspects of the system and especially the glare that I really didn't know existed.

Anyway, I would enjoy hearing from any of you that has had some exposure to this or other tweaks of this kind. 

brauser

It’s fine to discuss the merits or lack thereof of any individual product, but why the character assassination? I suppose judgement fits need to construct human hierarchy pyramid with them on top

+1

While I tend to agree with @jasonbourne52 most of the time…
There is possible some science that could explain what the disc possibly is doing. (!) <— @nonoise 

https://purifi-audio.com/2020/04/28/dist/

Kind of like clearing the slopes so the next run is on smoother snow. 

All the best,
Nonoise

Excellent analogy @nonoise 

OP: Excellent thread. FWIW, I still use the "Sheffield Lab / XLO Test & Burn-In CD" from 30 or so years ago. It works well. 

I have two similar CDs. The Ayre’s Irrational But Efficacious, and the Isotek’s Full system Enhancer. They both work very well. I use both of them when I get new gear, as well as probably once a month with existing gear for demag 

Whenever I have new components or capacitors or cables to burn-in, I just go to Youtube and search for "burn in tracks". There are actually many, they are free to use, some of them are very long (more than an hour) and they work. I try to alternate those with pink noise and it really does help the bur-in process. 

I suppose it can be beneficial to play those tracks every once in a while just to "remove the dust".