Tekton haters and bashers you just got a new target!

seamaster300m

@jallan 

I also had DQ-10’s back in the day and really loved them! Having said that, they are kinda dated looking by today’s standards.

All the best.

I think the only commonality between the two is the word ugly. 

I am a 'form follows function' sort of guy, so, if the design does what they say (it makes structural and acoustic sense), then I find nothing ugly about them.

Also, they mention near the beginning of the vid, that they are still in their development stage, so the the final version as it will be released, has not been seen yet.

I just read the Tekton patent. Good luck enforcing it, both for prior art (McIntosh and others) as well as lack of specificity of what makes the Tekton patent special.

I’m not a patent attorney but this reads like an attempt to get a patent by obfuscation.

PS - As I've said I've never heard a Tekton and I think there is quite a bit of innovation both in getting SB Acoustics to make them affordable and to using the array like they have.  Is it patentable?  Well only if you consider prior art and explain why it's new or different than others.

@jallan I currently own a pair of completely refurbished DQ10's that I use in my shop. I replaced the black three leg stands with much more attractive solid walnut stands. I still think they are very well designed handsome speakers...sound pretty damn good too!

Just because they charge rapey prices for replacement drivers doesn't mean they aren't cheap.