Tekton haters and bashers you just got a new target!

seamaster300m

I feel that a lot of Tekton bashing was pushback against a few overly enthusiastic folks who used to stuff Tekton down everyone's throats, and that too in a very crude and insulting manner. Secondly, the claim that Tekton was better than $50k systems (which was repeated ad nauseam) with nothing to substantiate such grandiose statements also didn't sit well with many folks. You also have to agree that some people also went overboard in expressing their distaste for such tactics, and were quite unreasonable in their critique of the speakers.

The good news is that we don't witness the outright belligerence anymore and we can go back to agreeing that Tekton makes a great product at very reasonable prices. Value for the money: Check. Giant killer: Nope. Best thing since sliced bread: Nope. Aesthetics: subjective. Sound quality: subjective.

Yep @arafiq  very subjective 🙄

Giant killer: Nope. Best thing since sliced bread: Nope. Aesthetics: subjective. Sound quality: subjective.

The Tweeters used in Tektons top models are Scanspeak.  Not cheap drivers.  Even the Eminence pro woofers are their best driver.  The problem with Tekton is an absolutely horrible cabinet with extreme resonance and all the drivers back waves firing into the box without sub enclosures, damping and bracing.  I've owned a few pairs and can tell you it's a novel design that is fun to listen too but lacks refinement.  

@jallan 

I also had DQ-10’s back in the day and really loved them! Having said that, they are kinda dated looking by today’s standards.

All the best.