Advice for mounting a TT shelf on a wall

For more than one reason, I have decided to place my TT on a wall shelf. Now it occurred to me that there may be preferable places on the wall for the shelf to be mounted. Taking into account standing waves, electrical interference (hum), and even height, I suppose that one location is preferable to another. 

Also, this is a very heavy duty shelf, and there may be additional considerations just because of this. No doubt, I will locate wall studs for mounting. What considerations come to mind for this?

128x1284krowme

A load bearing 'outer wall'.

Preferably with no doors opening

and shutting into a door frame or

stairs attached to that wall.

Hit both studs dead center and

If your handy enough open a horizontal

slot between both studs and brace the

two studs together then use that

as a third spot to attach shelf. The

shelf itself will hide most of your drywall

repairs in any event. No corners as your 

aware.

@4krowme 

Am I correct in assuming that half way up the wall may be another room node?

As I've got older I find the optimum height is high enough so you don't have to bend over when placing records on the platter, and also such that you can look at and clean the stylus comfortably - for me that's about hip level. Forget about room node for height  - bit OTT in my view.

Mount it away from the corners of the room.

This is a must to consider because of low frequency feedback. A corner can be a bass trap. This happened with my wall shelf and it was a pain to get rid of.

Mount it where it’s comfortable to use or you will stop using it. I agree with not putting it in a corner, but other than that, I don’t think it’s that critical unless you have a very large system played at loud volumes. 

Before mounting play some heavy bass songs and place your hands on the wall where you think you might mount the TT and just feel the wall vibrate. Move your hand around and mount where the wall doesn't vibrate as much