totem rainmakers

I am thinking of buy the Totem rainmakers. will my Onkyo av receiver TX SR606 possibly be of good enough quality for them, or should i buy a separate amp.

thank you, from a very unknowledgeable person (musician) who wants to hear the music!
brianwillson
Totems are nice speakers, no doubt. But I believe they require a bit of power to sound their best. As Tbromgard suggested, a NAD integrated (with 80W) would go well with these speakers.
I suggest that you try more sensitive speakers like the Tekton M-Lore that will probably sound great with your existing amp. Also they cost much less than the Rainmakers.
I second Mechans on his opinion about you being a musician and the audio equipment you need.
I have had success with all the amps I've thrown at them. I started with the Dared DV-6C, which is tube preamp stage feeding class-d amp stage. 65 watts at 4 ohm, bi-amped. More than enough power, and sounded wonderful.

Next I powered them with the new Pioneer SC-68 receiver. This offered about 225 watts at 4 ohm. Wonderful sound.

Now I use a Harman Kardon HK990 integrated amp, which is 300 watts at 4 ohm. This is an amazing integrated, so it sounds lovely.

Remember, they are rated at 100 watts max I think. Find a good amp that is stable at 4 ohms and enjoy man.

Mot
Hi, I've owned most of the Totem lineup over the years...I'm a musician (or was before fatherhood)as well and I know what Mechans is talking about. Totem speakers just sound more alive and full of energy...almost physical! Many a 6 figure system has come in and out of my home(s) over the years, but Totem remains dear to my heart...in fact I just placed an order for a new pair of Forest speakers in Cherry:) My favorite Giant Killer Integrated right know is the NAD C375BEE for about $1200. I have used it on several speaker systems and I will use it on my Forest's as well...enjoy!
thank you so much for all these answers..I have to sign up for notifications or something - i am just getting to these. Very interesting comments about not need ing hgier end stuff because i am a musician.

thank you all again

Brian