Linn LP 12

I’ve had my LP12 for a long time . Ittock arm , original Lingo, DV10x5 . I’m considering having the Karousel bearing installed . Until then would I get any improvements by upgrading the tone arm cable and the lingo cable ?

malbor

Good choice in upgrading the bearing.

Maybe, you will get a very small improvement… maybe not. I look at my Linn the same way I look at my audio system. Component upgrades first; these are going to be the most meaningful. I upgraded my sub-chassis to Keel and tone arm to the Ekos SE. Both made a significant difference.

So, I would save your money. Upgrade component after component until you are happy. Then fiddle around with the cables. You’ll get the best sound the fastest.

@tablejockey I hope you are wrong. This is a technical question not a request for comments on the company. I love my Linn… it replaces an excellent VPI and the sound is outstanding. So, disparaging comment are inappropriate.

My post wasn’t intended to start a brawl ! Can anyone recommend a turntable that sounds better than the LP 12 for $1500 which is the cost of the Karousel bearing ? Cheers 

Malbor, your second post, which asks a new question, is more incendiary than your OP. Best to stick to your question about limited upgrades to your LP12. Cables seldom fail to make a perceived difference but I agree with ghd; save your money for the major improvements.

Malbor, I owned an LP12 for a few years and I miss the sound. But I will never miss the constant maintenance. Tuning the suspension is a headache and the Linn upgrades are expensive. But when properly set up, ahhh the sound.

i went with a Rega RP10 and am happy with the sound, very close to the LP12, but plan someday to move on to a less proprietary table.

Good Luck