Need advice for a replacement phono cartridge

So, the cleaners destroyed my phono cartridge yesterday while dusting even though I'd cautioned them against dusting my stereo. Absolutely sick about it. Anyway, I need to get a replacement cartridge so I need advice on one that is of equal quality or better. The destroyed cartridge is a Transformation Axia which is no longer made. Thanks in advance!

My system:

VPI Prime turntable, Sutherland Little Loco phono amp, Luxman L509X amp, Revel F208 speakers, two Sumiko S10 subs

michobr59

Fragile Items, such as a Cart’, not understood by a Cleaner, or any other individual who expresses an interest in it are now quite precarious, and exposed to detriment.

Fortunately there are options available to consider when the worse case happens.

VAS NY Inc has successfully rebuilt non-working Transfiguration Cartridges.

One UK Based Cart’ Owner, who sent a donor 'no longer made',  Trans’n Proteus Cartridge to VAS was extremely impressed with the ’now working’ returned Cart’, they were very satisfied with the Overall Costs as well.

I have told a full story of this Cart’ Owners experience in another thread.

Investigating your options on a Third Party Service Rebuild, can’t do any harm, and the rebuild might just extend your experience with this Cart’ for a very fair outlay.

If you're buying a different cartridge like a Koetsu, checking compatibility with your Sutherland Little Loco phono preamp might be a good precaution.  As a "current input" phono preamp, the wrong combination could be a problem.  I hope there is a dealer nearby who will let you try out cartridges.

For the Little Loco you want as low an impedance cartridge as you can get.

My Sonic Lab, Lyra and Ortofon make cartridges that will work well with your phono stage. I think the Ortofon Windfeld Ti would be an excellent choice. If you have a VPI unipivot arm you will need to replace it with their gimbal arm for the best performance.