2-3k budget - adding DAC/Server to Bluesound Node?

Hello All,

I'm looking to start getting into seperates for DAC / Streamer / Server, currently just using the Node as a DAC/Streamer

What components might I be looking at within my budget?  I was thinking Bluesound Vault and a Chord Mojo 2

thanks in advance

audiocanada

Nothing wrong with the node but the DAC is not the best. 

Get a good external DAC and sit back and enjoy. 

The node software is very stable and easy to use and supports many apps. 

Try radio paradise and Tunein.

Tuning gives you access to thousands of streaming radio stations and some sound really good. 

Enjoy 

I have Node N130, a NAS and a Denafrips Pontus ll and am very happy.  

All the best.

JD

Ditto to above.  Node to Denafrips Ares II now and very happy.  Pontus II on the way.  Plan to be happier.

I got a Bluesound Vault a few years ago and ripped all my CD's onto it, but  could not access the music by composer or symphony number. It only lists "song" and "artist" which only applies to pop music. I got some help transferring the files onto a flash-drive where in my laptop I made folders which list composers in alphabetical order and subfolders for symphonies and concerti. The Vault went bad and had to be replaced on warranty and I don't use its storage, I plug in the flash-drive. I keep several copies of my library on backup flash-drives. Trying to use the Vault's storage and transferring it to my library is unmanageably complicated so I won't attempt it. I can add purchased downloads to my flash-drives instead. 

I connect the Vault to a vintage MSB Platinum DAC.