Dynaudio - Made in China vs Denmark

Hi,

I  recently Purchased a new pair of Dynaudios. The floor model I auditioned were 'Made in Denmark' but the pair which was shipped out by the dealer was 'Made in China'. They are still boxed. Whats should I do:

1. Swap with the showroom floor model (they were probably a yr or 2 old)

2. Unbox and use my 'Made in china' pair ?

My main concern here is the quality of the product from China. Resale values.

Anyone with experience please chime in. 

ryanhere

I believe that the quality of Chinese built electronics is just as good most likely, and there's not much we can do about the shift of manufacturing to China, but I just think many of us are just unsettled knowing that they are plotting our future demise, whether or not they're successful.  

Well if Rockport ever takes their manufacturing to China then we know the end is near! 

Hey, our most popular antibiotics are made (mostly) in China, thank heavens. And since they make most everything else electronic, why get excited and become racists now? Besides, the people from China that sell us things are nice folks.

We almost shot ourselves in the foot with the whole America First conspiracy, thank goodness we reeled that back in.

Relax boys, we got’m right where we want them.

You observed that the dealers pair were made in Denmark. So you naturally thought you were purchasing a made in Denmark pair of speakers. It’s not your responsibility to know that Dynaudio had switched their production to China. Dealers should receive build updates directly from the manufacturer to ensure consumers know where their products are being made!

Classic bait and switch! The dealer should have emphasized you’d be getting a pair made in China. 

He didn’t!

Return them!

Is it fair to automatically assume everything made in China is sub par quality?

IMO, no. Seems to me, China today is roughly where Japan was in the 60s and early 70s. "Made in Japan" rather quickly went from meaning "cheap junk" (plastic toys and flip flops) to being a standard of excellence in engineering and manufacturing. Likewise, China is producing much more than cheap T shirts and sneakers these days. Some Chinese HiFi products (especially streamers and DACs) are about as good as (or better than) anything on the market, unless you get into ultra high end stuff. Have a look at Lumin products for example. Actually, Lumin is veering into ultra high end (depending on we define that).

I don't know about Made in China loudspeakers, but wouldn't automatically assume they're inferior. Just try to verify there is decent after-sale service/support for wherever you live,  Loudspeakers are challenging just by virtue of size/weight compared to rack components.